I want to thank Helen from Smart Diet blog for nominating me for The Sunshine Blogger Award. Just when you think no one reads your posts… what a surprise! Thank you, Helen! You definitely gave me my own sunshine yesterday.
I’m sure you don’t know because it’s new to me as well but the Sunshine Blogger Award is given by bloggers to bloggers who inspire creativity and positivity in the blogging community.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in your blog post and link back to her/his blog.
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers to receive the awards and write them 11 questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine blogger award logo in your post on your blog.
- What are you blogging about? I blog about the places I travel in Tennessee and outside The Volunteer State. I also add “lifestyle” posts about fitness, my wedding, etc.
- When and why did you start your blog? I started my blog because it had been a dream for so long. I wanted to use it as an outlet for stress and a way to channel my energy.
- What are your goals for your blog? I would love to build a community for my blog so that I could get paid to travel and share tips on what to see, where to go, etc.
- Do you have a special strategy to get more followers for your blog? Nope! I have no idea what I’m doing! Hopefully if I get better at taking pictures and creating content for the blog then people will come.
- If you were invited to a talk show on TV what would you like to talk about? I would want to talk about how travel can really change your life. It can give you a new perspective and make you more empathetic toward people who are completely different from you. The world could use more of that.
- If you had the chance to live your dream – where would you be and what would you do? If money was not an option, my husband and I would travel as often as we could. I love being a nurse but I have a dream of seeing as much of the world as possible. I didn’t realize how much I love writing until I started blogging.
- Do you spend more time per day writing your blog or reading other blogs? I spend more time reading other people’s blogs. That’s part of the reason why I started blogging. I loved reading them so much I wanted to start one myself.
- What are your three favorite blogs? The Londoner, Gal Meets Glam, Carly the Prepster
- What would your best friend tell me about you? I’m loyal and honest, sometimes to a fault. I’m always down for an adventure. I try to make my friends feel special on their birthdays and holidays. I make an effort to remember what matters to them.
- If you had the power to change any grievance in the world in the blink of an eye, which problem would you address? I wish there wasn’t such a stigma associated with mental illness. It’s a special kind of torture when your own brain plays tricks on you. People can make you feel weak or crazy for admitting you need help. Real health includes the mind, body, and spirit.
- What’s your favorite inspirational/motivational quote? The world in which you were born is just one model of reality. Other cultures aren’t failed attempts at being you. They are unique manifestations of the human spirit. -Wade Davis
- What are you blogging about?
- What is the story behind your blog name?
- What are your goals for your blog?
- Do you have a special strategy to get more followers for your blog?
- If you won an Oscar, what would your acceptance speech be about?
- If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you bought?
- What do you do for fun when you’re not blogging?
- What are your three favorite blogs?
- What qualities do you look for in a friend?
- What’s one of your most embarrassing moments?
- What’s your favorite book?
- Life of Chaz
- Cookies & Chemistry
- Fearlessly in Pursuit
- Body by Emily Rose
- Forty, Flirty & Fabulous
- The Unforseen Path
- Gatlinburg Now
- Cook the Beans
- PINE + SCANDI
I don’t have 11 so please forgive me but these are a few of the blogs I browse and enjoy here on WordPress.
Thank you again to Helen for nominating me!
Until next time,